Saturday, September 19, 2009

water bottle paradox

It seems as though the time of the day helps a lot... I've managed to get back up to 9.56km/h.

The cool air in the nature reserve was quite nice - well worth forfeiting the extra [necessary?] sleep.

With the lack of taps around on my path, I thought I'd try carrying a drink bottle around, especially since it's getting warmer and I'm trying not to walk any of the 11km.

But, it of course introduces extra mass and I find myself stopping more to take a drink (haven't perfected drinking on the run yet).

So it might actually help me in keeping hydrated but also disrupt my running to an extent where it affects my speed.

Oh and of course traffic lights are an annoyance.



I might try a causal loop diagram since they're all the rage in one of my units.

I thought about what a physics teacher/year level co-ordinator said once about time management, going to the gym and outdoing workmates etc etc.. seems like the escalation system archetype. From memory, I think he was at three divorces with five children so that might not be the best path anyway.


5 comments:

  1. how do you carry the drink bottle around? just by the handstein? how big is the bottle? :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get A CAMEL PACK YOU FOOOOOOOOOL JASON PHONG. itll be easier to carry too :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss A, the bottle indeed does get carried by the handstein and occasionally wedged under an arm. I have attached an image of the water bottle. It weighs 800g when fully loaded.

    Toe, I have a camelpack! I used it on my bike ride from my place to Monash Clayton and also on the mild walk which you had a convenient excuse for. On both occasions my back was very sweaty. Plus all that water sloshing around while running is no good for balance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i still reckon its easier to carry on the back then carrying it under ur armpit or holding it. holding it in ur hand is not very balanced anyway! and unless theres a semipermeable membrane between ur pack and ur skin then u shouldnt be tasting any sweat in ur water. i want a pack! i had a very good excuse for not being able to make it to that walk seeing as im working there next year now :P kek

    and the word verification required to post this was:

    unden

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, it's not about any sweat in the water, it's about lack of ventilation on my back. Camelpacks are good for walking though, where it doesn't shake around.

    ReplyDelete