Tuesday, September 8, 2009

fun day in week 8

I won't complain again about Dick Smith because it's probably an assumption now that what they have is all crap and I've blogged about it before. I only go there because So I'll skip straight to the MGC3250 lecture at 12 noon.

This lecture was the second of two about accounting in small firms. We spent 45 mins on the first 4 slides (of 25) just on accounting terms. The tutor was 'guest lecturer' for these. It did seem a bit more pleasant and I even said something in class for once, near the end. hehe It was also fun (and worrying) watching my classmate struggle to stay awake. Her elbow was slowly slipping off the flip-out desk as she oscillated back and forth. The coffee candy I gave her had no effect. Yeah, these people are doing management and not accounting for a reason!

I stuffed down an orginal Higgo burger then found my design classmate to go buy some extra parts. Our battery holders had melted from the heat of freshly-recharged batteries. Also found that neither Jaycar nor Altronics stock 92mm fan accessories. Fantastic.

We came back to get sensors working to something 'good' and start on the next document. I reluctantly agreed to go to the lecture which turned out to be a good initiative from aforementioned classmate since those who showed up get to demonstrate the milestone completion a bit later.

EWB-MCCO head wanted a group of us to help out with a solar panel display. So we stuck around as he made the phone calls to try to work out what was happening. I'm not sure whether it was sarcastic or not but it did feel weird that my suggestions got a 'good idea' response. Particularly when they were along the lines of 'message the person and lets go to the labs for now; we can come back when they're ready.' (instead of waiting around aimlessly in a foyer). So that was around 5PM.

Brought up the ridiculously heavy wooden frame with not much electronics in it at all... Opened up the crimp with a staple remover, stripped the wire with cutters (bloody thick), then recrimped with a tool attached by security wire to a trolley. Very much a hack job. All the doors were locked by that time so everyone had fun going around. I ended up catching the 7:18 bus. Which was delayed. :( And nobody seems to have bothered using the second part of my status update as a lame joke. :(:(

No comments:

Post a Comment