Friday, September 25, 2009

random interactions

I'm now kinda wondering... whether I look too FOB or something...
After work I decided to catch the 889 instead of the 900 that failed me horribly last week. This time a random Chinese dude started talking to me at the bus stop. He was nice enough though and he didn't even try using English. Perhaps I'm dressing too strangely... but my 70 yuan sand-coloured jacket is so nice and windproof. =/

Also, student elections are annoying. But they weren't too bad when I carried an open hot pink umbrella with one hand and a regular lamb kebab in the other, walking briskly through campus centre. Only one guy tried to stop me but I mouthed (yea couldn't be bothered using voice) "no".

When I got back to Box Hill I walked out via the fruit market. There's a new fruit shop. An Asian girl was at the outside stall saying 'salad' once every three seconds. She stopped saying it when I got near and then resumed once I was a few metres away. hmmm

3 comments:

  1. haha @ fruit shop lady.

    new fruit shop, where is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i second sam's comment
    haha :D

    fob?

    maybe you do.. a little? i dno..

    love the hot pink umbrella - very nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. new fruit shop replaced an old fruit shop run by greeks (I think...) opposite Yang Yang in Box Hill Centro near the underground carpark entrance (Baker's delight; Sushi; butchers etc)

    Hey Mel, you should paint your skin a little more yellow and dress fob if you wanna get more mando practice :P

    The umbrella is pretty good actually - push button and shake to open; v sturdy. My old one started to get my hair wet :(:(

    ReplyDelete