Friday, September 4, 2009

stretching my luck

I went for a soldering job on Tuesday. I didn't think I did that well given that I soldered a component too high and then upside-down on my next attempt. But it seems to have been enough. The interviewer let slip that somebody else from my class had applied since they mentioned the hovercraft. So here's hoping that induction on Thursday will be alright.

It's kind of weird in that I've been spamming random positions since winter break for things that I thought I'd be better suited for, eg: computer technician stuff or even boring warehouse stuff... but then this one comes through unexpectedly. It does seem more useful than the others for later life. So I didn't get what I wanted but instead got something that looks like it will work out better. Weird.... life...

I may have overstretched my luck with a very dodgy managing conflict essay. Even though it's a fun unit with roleplays, the theory isn't always linked so strongly to the practice. Hopefully my feeling is wrong.

Oh yeah, woke up a bit too late as a consequence of trying to finish off that essay. Ended up getting to class at 11:20 instead of 9:00. Wasn't really hungry at all (couldn't even be bothered finishing half of breakfast) but my eyes were dry. Weird stuff.

2 comments:

  1. what was the actual position yuo applied for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fine soldering technician. Fun with fiddly little components and lead-free solder.

    ReplyDelete