Sunday, September 13, 2009

An experiment / Life is like The Sims

I thought I might type this one up before the next experiment.
Interactions: people and alcohol
Anyway, the contributing factors were:
  • 1 red wine
  • 1 sparkling wine
  • 1 Carlton draught beer
  • 1 water (residual beer since above glass reused)
  • 1 raspberry and vodka
  • 1 white wine
  • 5.5 hours of sleep
  • 6 class hours on that day
Observations:
Unsteady in stance. Tendency to use others for support.
Unsure if content of speech was more free. Still had the same, really bad, lame jokes.
Mistakes recorded - mentioned Japan instead of China when talking to Mr Chong.
Attempted moving various limbs to music in a small group. (This is where it begins to tie in - it's obviously a Sim action.) Others came along but did not participate.
Followed suit in parting hug (not used to that; might not ever do that again).
Made some wrong assumptions about which pocket particular items were in. (very important)
Felt a pulse-rhythm at my neck at nearly 2AM.

Findings:
Probably not cost effective for me to get properly drunk.
Did not wake up with clichéd headache.
Unsteadiness seemed to vary during the course of the night - sometimes it was decreaing. (Could be  that I had been standing in the same spot for too long.)
Could still walk in a straight line and demonstrate that to friends.

Some of those might have been a result of a self-fulfilling prophecy: that is, I will what I expect to occur. 

I did get the feeling that when unsure, think of what a Sim would do... From moving around, pretending to dance and even meeting new people. I thought I even had the little ++ and -- bubbles when agreeing with someone or disapproving of someone else. Life is so definitely based on The Sims...

6 comments:

  1. haha yeah... me at shaun yeoh's. I couldn't let those drinks vouchers go to waste now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. really?? wow.. i am amazed.. not that i know you that well.. or.. at all for that matter.. but

    wow

    do you usually drink much? :P [or just when it's free? ]

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. I wanted to find out what being drunk was but obviously I'll need to rethink my strategy. Maybe it'll be when I'm so out of it I can't even take the above notes into my PDA. >.<

    I'm too stingy to buy drinks... If they weren't free I would have had tap water all night. Maybe that's the me that you know? :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. really? ahahaha. i yeah

    drunk is usually when you can't remember anything :P apparently! hahah... like you black out or something :P

    anything other than that (less extreme) is usually tipsyyyyy :P very tipsy/not so tipsy :P

    yeah if you were able to write all those notes.. i hugely doubt you were 'drunk' :P

    nice try tho :P haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, I think you're allowed to say that you know me better than 'not at all' :P [next I find out that you've outsourced all your replying to India] =/

    Yeah, the term 'tipsy' totally slipped my mind. Alcohol tastes quite vile/offensive anyway. I generally will not pay money directly for it.

    How far have you ever gotten with alcohol?

    ReplyDelete