Saturday, September 5, 2009

apartments and noses

I had some driving practice today - 40km over 90 minutes with the parents.
First stop was A&G books in Carlton. Converted one book from ten into cash. Huzzah! They were mostly my cousin's abandoned books anyway.
Second and main stop was future apartment block in North Melbourne. To me it was essentially a shopping trip so I kinda zoned out. Looking at the displays set up... it seemed kinda like a small prison to me but yea...
Having a new-found appreciation for noses following a certain MSN conversation, I began in inspect visually the noses in the room.
With n people in the room and n-1 being some sort of Asian, there really was only one nose to look at.
Apart from not having the skills to do justice for my tabletpc, the nose was.. well-proportioned, not upturned and a bit pointy at the end. It belonged to the doorgirl who wasn't interested at all in these apartments and referred people to the Asian sales execs after about three sentences. It wouldn't be too hard to push further than three sentences given that all the info was around the walls or could be learned from listening. Plus it wasn't like it was beyond her abilities since she's studying a degree in business. She did however ask what my weekend was going to be like, which I probably should start to answer in a more interesting way other than talking about assignments. She obviously had something interesting to do because she bolted at 3:57.

The drive back was lovely... crazy roundabout at Flemington Road X Royal Parade, traffic jam in Richmond along Victoria Street and a flashing lights 40km/h zone in Balwyn that nobody adhered to.

3 comments:

  1. that I did - we stopped for fish and chips right behind it

    ReplyDelete
  2. hoho, she asked you how your weekend was going to be like! and, 3.57!

    ReplyDelete