Monday, October 19, 2009

a rush

I left this one way too late...

Absolutely ridiculous. My time management seems to have completely gone this semester.

I seemed to get through the wordy part of the report alright. I still got bogged down because Jewel of the Crown was aired on ABC2 on Sunday night. However, part of the report was to make cash flow, profit/loss and balance sheets for a fictional business and two years in advance. So I went to sleep at around 3AM to tackle the task in the morning.

Unfortunately, I managed to drag it out so I was trying to better fudge numbers at 12:45. I had to catch my 1:15 bus to make to the 2PM tutorial where it was to be handed in. Of course something had to go wrong... Since I had copied it out into MS Excel, it no longer fit properly. ah well. Scaled it down to squinty font and whacked it in the appendix. Now this is where the jogging pays off I suppose, except that the bus was delayed to my stop so it was totally unnecessary.

Later in class I find that at least one of my classmates also did a dodgy with the balance sheet in that they took the difference number and shoved it back up so assets, liabilities and owner's equity all plays nicely. It's always nice to talk about how crap a task has been done together with other people. I find out that they went to MacRob, same year level. Well, a lot makes sense now. heh.

2 comments:

  1. ah dear. at least you got it in yeh? ahahaha @ macrob :P

    good luck mannn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah, handed it in. seems like most 'normal'/median score kids from selective entry schools see their effort plummet. >.<

    You should come to the hovercraft thing~ it'll be something to tell the schoolkids later!

    ReplyDelete