Friday, October 15, 2010

wording

ambiguous
ambivalent
cagaguous?
Okay... not really sure was my supervisor was saying by the third big word but it was an interesting journey getting to that strange conversation. He had been giving some second-year kids a grilling over plagiarism. Each of them got about thirty minutes and each of them was unsuccessful in disputing their plagiarism charge. They seemed like overseas students who wouldn't be able to appreciate those kind of words (although I'm not sure whether he was speaking to them with the big words too). Kids nowadays... What was he thinking? Being wrong and then teaching his mistake to other people. Good game.
I think there was something a bit strange about that kid though. He asked why I was here and I explained that I was here to see him about my project. He said 'same here'. I wandered off to speak to a PhD student. When I came back we ended up exchanging those exact same words.
I'm going to try to find out what that third big word was.

No comments:

Post a Comment