Monday, August 23, 2010

Subway vouchers at Box Hill

After having the delightful experience in the late afternoon of being in a stationary bus during which a car collided into it, I found that I was going to be late to an event that evening.
It was an opportunity for me to kill the time to the next train by using my Subway vouchers. I had a few, but the one i decided to use was the buy one six-inch get one free as long as you purchase a regular drink. It was all going rather smoothly until the Chinese guy took my voucher. At first he was confused by the lack of a price on the voucher. He was then berated by his boss in Mandarin for not understanding English. Funny guy.
It was a pizza sub. The whole deal ended up being $6.45 and the boss said the other voucher works out to be the same (I threw it in just to confuse the first guy). Ordinarily the foot-long sub would be $7 without a drink.
Win.

No comments:

Post a Comment