Thursday, January 29, 2009

epic sounds

I've managed to recover some old Chinese songs from tape. I'm not sure if they sound epic to anybody else, but the last time I heard these was in a car to Phillip Island many years ago so maybe there's some weird association there. The tape had been missing, presumed melted. Anyway, if anybody is interested, here's one to get started and the rest are here (except track 1 which was quite tacky). There's IDv3 tag info, transcribed from the cassette case insert into the tablet (didn't have to muck around with pinyin or anything) but I didn't bother renaming the actual filename.

Today I got 20 short text messages from Connex about train disruptions. Quite fail.
I liked this statement though on the Metlink website: Commuters are advised that due to an excess of faulty trains, buses are
currently replacing train services on the Alamein line between Alamein
and Camberwell.

I would have thought it'd be a shortage of operational trains. Meh.

Finally, here's something I took a photo of a few weeks back while with dad looking at rainwater tanks. It doesn't appear to come with any ceiling mounting gear.










No comments:

Post a Comment