Thursday, January 11, 2018

The worst two days of my 2018 (hopefully)

Tuesday started off with a sweet Bike24 delivery that had to be signed for.  I went to work and had another packet of pea and garlic snacks that were provide by a colleague. I went into a different part of the office to do some unboxing of new widgets and came back to my usual desk at around 11:30. I think that's when I started feeling it.
First it was a dull headache, fever (why is my face so hot?) and then chills. It was weird to be sitting in a meeting room feeling cold but when I'm normally overheating. A colleague came to visit me in the later afternoon and only after they accused me of having an afternoon nap, I decided to call it. By the time I was ready to go, the headache had gotten a lot worse - like my brain trying to escape the confines of my skull. Extra information: I took a really large dump in the morning.
After getting home, I tried napping it out. I still felt terrible so I asked for the advice of my pharmacist sibling. She basically told me to HTFU but did deliver some supplies. This form of existence was truly terrible. Headache, fever, muscle aches. I had no will to move - not even to amuse myself with my phone.
Most of Wednesday was much the same. Every time I missed a dose of paracetamol, I did notice my body temperature shot straight back up. I tried having some oats and bread. After the second go at having oats, I confirmed that I was indeed lactose intolerant for the duration of the bug. What a horrible existence it is to be drinking water and turning it into shit.
However, by Wednesday night things started to look up. I was able to move around without using all of my willpower. Still, I didn't get that much sleep.

Virus
Not a recommended experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment